I am terribly horrible about posting. I think it is because I want to share photos with you, and I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to take pictures off my camera. My kids are doing good. I am very proud of Justin and Ashley who both just got straight A's in the first 9 weeks of school, which means, they are both on the Principal's List. First grade is really tough, especially at Sandy Run. Ashley is in the top reading group, and doing really well. I was surprised and very pleased with how she well she has done. Justin is in the Gifted and Talented (G&T) program, which means he is in the G&T home room with all of the other G&T kids. He goes around to each of his classes with the same kids. His lowest grade was a 98. He had 3 98's, 1 99, and the rest were 100's. I was very proud of him, because they are pushing the G&T kids harder. They both love school. Of course, Mom helps them study A LOT. I will be earning my high school diploma 4 more times by the time we are done with this.
Speaking of school, I am probably going back to school in January to get my Associates in Nursing. Sometimes I wonder if my brain can handle studying again. The twins will be going to 4 year old kindergarten in the fall, and I needed something to do (as if I am not busy enough). So, this is the thought for now. I am busy with several websites, but I wanted to be able to go and do something that 1) will provide our family with great benefits medical and retirement, and 2) that I could go and do, and then leave it at work and come home and be a mom. I am so grateful that I have been able to always work from home, but I do have to say, that it is hard sometimes when you work from home to leave work at work, and step away. So we will see, it is something I am looking into, studying, investigating, and most importantly praying about.
Well, that sums a lot of our life up. We just finished Fall Baseball, which I hope we never do again. It seems like it is so much less stressful in the Spring (ha! ha!) at least on the kids. Justin pitched this fall, and will probably continue to pitch in the Spring. He really enjoys it. I DON'T!!! That is one of the most stressful things for me, when he is pitching, because I know how stressed he gets about baseball period. He wants to be perfect all of the time. He really is a good little player. Other then our 1 day a week practice and the 1 game a week, because we have been so busy and don't currently have anything for him to pitch to by himself, we didn't practice any other times. He was the back-up picture, but when he would step in, for not practicing, I think he really did sensational. The first game we played this season he had to pitch the entire game! I don't know who was more stressed me or him. He really did pretty good though. The thing was that during the Fall, we only had 2 kids that could pitch, Justin and Dalton. Dalton pitched last Spring some, so he was of course the main choice. Anyway, Justin really impressed me. At first he would look at Jason after every pitch, but he finally quit that, and I really think that helped him focus better and do better.
Well, enough bragging about my kids. That is the wonderful thing about blogs, you can go on and brag and brag, and not feel bad. LOL. The twins are as always, little tornados. They are both so different in their personalities. Courtney cut her own hair, and so I had to fix it. It is a fairly shot bob. I was not happy! I guess they just don't want to be identical. They are groing great, and I do love them to pieces. They say the funniest things all of the time. They keep us on our toes too. They have both learned how to write the first letter in their names. Emily has learned how to write many more. Kids come to earth so smart these days.
Well, hopefully in the next month I will post pictures. I am trying to get organized so that if I do go back to school I am ready. Look forward to more stuff soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment