Wednesday, November 10, 2010
You won't believe what happened to me today!
Today after a very tough test, and lecture, the Dean of Nursing Mrs. Knight told us that it was time for us to elect class officers. She said we would nominate some and then vote. She said we needed a President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. I knew who I was going to nominate and was ready to say something when she opened up the nominations. However, before I could say anything somebody hollered out my name. I was shocked and almost fell out of my seat. I really couldn't believe that somebody would nominate me. I was the first one nominated for President. 4 more were nominated, 2 of which declined the nomination. They asked the last 3 of us to come to the front. My head was spinning and I didn't even know what to say. Then Taylor (the person I was going to nominate) said he really just wanted to do SNA (Student Nurses Association - we have to have a leadership committee for that too). So it was just me and Terri left, she turned to me and said what do you want to do, and then said she really wanted to do SNA too and wasn't sure if she wanted both. I said I couldn't do SNA because of travel, so she said ok and sat down. That wasn't how it was supposed to work, the class was supposed to vote, but before I knew it I was the only one left standing and was therefore nominated as the President of the Graduating Class of 2012. I am very humbled by this, and am excited. I will be the voice of the students to the faculty on a regular basis, even in their faculty meetings. I have a great VP, Secretary, and Treasurer too, so that will help. All three of them are single, so that will help. Anyway, I am honored with this great opportunity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, that's awesome. Congrats.
Post a Comment