




Ashley got baptized this past Sunday, January 3, and it was a beautiful day. She was supposed to get baptized December 26, but it snowed here and church was canceled. There was such a beautiful, sweet spirit there. Grandpa Shurtleff conducted. I led the music. Grandma Shurtleff played the piano. We sang I Am A Child of God for the opening hymn. Bestemor gave a beautiful opening prayer. Grandpa Shurtleff gave the talk on Baptism. Then the Ashley, her siblings, cousins, and friends all sang I Know That My Savior Loves Me. Then she was baptized by Jason. She was so nervous and scared. Tears welled up in her eyes as we walked back to the font. She has always been afraid of going under the water. This summer though, she practiced swimming under water a lot. She said that it had been a long time since the summer though. Anyway, she said that after she had been baptized it wasn't scary anymore. Then Jason gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. Then he confirmed her. Sister Williams welcomed her from the primary. Jason was the only bishopric member there, so he welcomed her into the ward. The closing hymn was I Feel My Savior's Love. Grandma Carroll gave a beautiful closing prayer. The Relief Society room was jammed full of people. She had many family and friends there to support her. Everyone kept saying what a beautiful baptism it had been, and what a sweet spirit had been there. Several said it was just perfect. Jason and I echoed all of these comments. I can't believe she is old enough to be baptized. It was such a beautiful day though.
1 comment:
I can't believe how gorgeous Ashley has gotten! I'm really upset that I didn't get to see her or any of your family while Jake and I were home, but a lot of people got sick so it's understandable.
I hope you guys are doing well and wanted to let you know that I miss you!
Post a Comment