Monday, December 29, 2008

The Angels

Liz and Jason came to our house to help us paint. Justin was home with a high fever, but the twins were going back and forth between us and him. (You have to understand that our house we are building in VERY close). Anyway, so I called Justin to check up on him and see how he was doing. I asked him what the twins were doing. He said just a minute let me check. Then he said, "Oh No!" No mother likes to hear those words, but a mother of twins nearly dies when she hears those words. Justin then said they are into the cupcakes. I was getting ready to take those same cupcakes (with no extras) to Ashley's class to celebrate her upcoming birthday with them. Bless Liz's heart, she looked at me and immediately said, "I'm going to make more cupcakes Now. I'll take care of it."

Shortly after this incident Grandma Shurtleff called me up and asked me if the twins would be the angels at our Christmas Party when we acted out the Nativity. I just smiled and laughed.

Someone once told me (back when Ashley was an "Angel") that some angels need their devil horns in order to hold up their halos. I think this applies to my girls on a REGULAR basis.

They are so very cute though, and so sweet and loving, you just can't help but love them anyway!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well..i would do ANYTHING FOR YOU AND YOUR KIDS... I love you guys so much!

Jame, KJ, Maddie Stark said...

Hi Rachel!!! It's me, Kimberly Smith Stark. I can't believe how much time has passed since you moved from P'cola to S.Carolina. I also can't believe you have 4 children...wow! Your little Ashley is so cute...she looks like a miniature Rachel! How are things? I've been in contact with Tabitha and Elizabeth on Facebook. Apparently, Elizabeth found my sister and then I add her to mine as well. She then told me how to get in touch with you. I'd love to invite you to my blog only it's flagged as private. My email address is kjstark77@gmail.com. Send me an email and I'll send you an invite. Tell rebecca to do the same and I'll invite her. I noticed her's is also flagged as private, so maybe she can invite me as well. I heard Michael lives in Bountiful. My husband, Jamison, if from there. His parents and some relatives still live there. Such a small world. By the way, is Mark Shurtleff, Attorney General, your dad's brother? There's quite the resemblance. Talk to yah soon.

Greg and Julie Phillips said...

Hey Rachel!

It's Julie! How are you doing?

I wanted to ask you if I could be invited to the blog that you have been making for the biesinger side.

My gmail is: julie.biesinger@gmail.com

Romar and Sarah Karl said...

Hey Rachel! Your family is so cute and your kids are growing up so fast!!! We need to get our aunts and uncles to post something!
our blog is : sarahandromar.blogspot.com!!!
I'm so excited that everyone is doing this!

Benson Family said...

Hey Rachael! How are you doing? I ran across your blog---hope you don't mind me peeking at your family. You have such beautiful kids! E-mail me and let me know what you're up to. Where are y'all living now? I feel like I never see anyone in your family now that we're 2 stakes. Check out my blog to see what's going on with us. Good to see you!

Shannon
trappgirl@aol.com